How to report a stray dog or stray cat in Cache Valley

Can the Cache Humane Society take stray animals?

Cache Humane Society operates a non-profit Animal Adoption Center.  We find new homes for pets when their families can no longer care for them, and we find homes for unclaimed stray animals.  

We can not legally accept lost and stray pets directly from individuals. These pets may have a worried family waiting for them.  They must be held by Animal Control for a minimum of 5 days to give their families time to find them before an organization like Cache Humane Society can begin the process of finding a new home. 

What should I do if I’ve found a lost or stray animal?

Step 1:

This is a great opportunity to meet the neighbors! Knocking on a few doors may help. Sometimes an animal may just be around the corner from its home. If you have found a litter of kittens, be sure that the momma is not nearby before you touch or move them.

Step 2:

If you cannot immediately find an animal’s owner or it has clearly been abandoned, you must contact Animal Control. Click here to find your local Animal Control contact information.

Animal control is often the first place an owner will call if they have lost a pet and they can scan found animals for a micro-chip. They are committed to helping reunite an animal with their owner!

Some Animal Control departments contract with Cache Humane Society to house stray animals. We provide boarding while we work together to find their families. These pets will be brought to CHS by an Animal Control Officer, please do not transport them independently.

Important Note:

If you arrive at our shelter with a stray animal you have found, we will ask you to call the appropriate Animal Control Department.  We legally cannot accept animals directly from the public without Animal Control’s involvement, unless the person owns the animal or animal control has given us permission to accept the animal.

Cache Humane Society is able to provide a safe place for homeless pets because of donations and payment for our services. We are a non-profit organization. We do not receive any funding from other Humane Societies, nor from tax payer dollars.   

Where are lost or stray animals kept in Logan City or Unincorporated Cache County?

Stray pets in Logan City and Unincorporated Cache County are housed at New Vision Veterinary. All Impounded pets must have a microchip, be current on a rabies vaccinations, be licensed with their city, and have their impound fees paid before they are released back to their owner.

New Vision Veterinary also takes a limited number of animals as owner surrenders. Have a dog or cat you can not care for anymore? Visit New Vision Veterinary at 1180 1/2 W 200 N, Logan UT 84321 or call (435)-265-6040.

Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.